Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- In medium saucepan on medium-high, heat oil. Add yellow onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add mango and cook, stirring occasionally, until mango softens slightly, about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, ketchup, Sucanat, vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, allspice, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Using an immersion blender (or transfer to an upright blender), blend sauce until completely smooth. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In the bottom of a 4-qt slow cooker, place chicken thighs. Pour sauce over top, tossing to coat. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup cold water and potato starch, stirring until no lumps remain. Add mixture to slow cooker and stir to combine. Increase heat to high and simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer, allowing sauce to thicken slightly. Serve thighs with sauce over top. If using, sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serving Size 2 thighs with sauce
- Calories 334
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 192 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 41 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 316 mg
- Sugar Content 11.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g