Mushroom, Walnut & Chipotle Chile Taco Dip
Meaty mushrooms, walnuts and a handful of spices transform into a savory meatless swap for taco meat – the texture is uncannily similar!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (dry-packed)
- 2 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup raw unsalted walnuts or pecans
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chile powder whole-grain tortilla chips, as needed, optional
1. To a large heat-proof bowl, add tomatoes and dates. Add boiling water to cover. Let stand until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain.
2. To a food processor, add tomatoes and dates, mushrooms, walnuts, soy sauce, coriander, cumin, salt and chile powder. Pulse until coarsely chopped. (TIP: If making to go, refrigerate in airtight containers for up to 3 days.)
3. Divide mixture among containers with desired fixings and tortilla chips (if using).
- Serving Size 1/5 of recipe
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 327 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 10 g