Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Brush a small saucepan with 1/2 tsp oil and heat on medium. Add half each of the onion and ginger and sauté, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add rice and toast for 1 minute. Add broth, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently until tender, 30 to 40 minutes, adding more water as needed. Remove from heat and stir in peas. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, brush a deep 10-inch nonstick skillet with remaining 1/2 tsp oil and heat on medium. Add remaining onion, ginger and garlic and sauté, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir in garam masala, curry, cumin, coriander, cayenne, black pepper and remaining ¼ tsp salt and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, lemon juice and honey; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and simmer just until opaque throughout, about 4 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and simmer gently for 1 minute (do not boil). Divide rice mixture among bowls. Top with shrimp mixture, cashews and cilantro, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 1/2 cup shrimp mixture and 3/4 cup rice mixture
- Calories 421
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 129 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6.5 g
- Sodium Content 378 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g