Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- In a 5-qt slow cooker, add pork, onion, garlic and chile. In a large bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato paste, Sucanat, cane juice, honey and ginger until well combined. Pour mixture over pork and gently stir. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, combine orange juice and potato flour in a small bowl and whisk until no lumps remain. Add to slow cooker along with peppers and pineapple, stirring gently to evenly distribute. Replace lid, increase heat to high and cook for remaining 30 minutes. Remove and discard chile before serving.
- Serving Size 1 cup of sweet and sour pork
- Calories 248
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 74 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 447 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g