Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- To a medium heat-proof bowl, add bulgur and 1 cup boiling water. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 3 tbsp molasses and 1 tbsp oil. Thread grapes and figs onto skewers. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil the grate of a grill and heat on medium-high. Add chicken and grill for 2 minutes per side. Lightly brush both sides with some of molasses-oil mixture and continue to grill until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more per side. Lightly brush both sides of skewers with remaining molasses-oil mixture and grill until fruit is lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Set chicken and skewers aside to rest, loosely covered, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir basil, mint, pomegranate arils, vinegar and remaining 1 tbsp oil into bulgur. Season with additional salt and pepper. Arrange bulgur on plates or a platter and top with chicken and fruit. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses.
- Serving Size 1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup bulgur mixture, 1/4 of fruit
- Calories 448
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 94 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 38 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 329 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g