Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir flours and baking powder until well combined. With a pastry cutter, cut in oil until mixture resembles the texture of coarse oatmeal. Stir in egg whites, tea and vanilla and almond extracts. With a rubber spatula, fold in almonds and dates.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured work surface and shape into 2 9 x 2-inch logs. Place logs 4 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool at room temperature for 10 minutes. Leave oven heat at 350°F.
- With a serrated knife, slice logs diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Remove parchment paper from baking sheet and place slices on sheet, flat side-down, in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and turn slices. Return to oven and bake for 8 to 10 more minutes, until dry and crisp. Let cool completely.
- Serving Size 1 biscotti
- Calories 84
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 1.5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 8 mg
- Sugar Content 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g