Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving 1 to 2 inches of overhang on opposite sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flours, bran (if using), cane juice, flaxseeds, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, egg white, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in apple, raisins and almonds. Spread evenly in dish. Bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center. Lift edges of parchment paper to remove bars from dish. Cut into 12 squares.
- Prepare topping: In a spice grinder, pulse Sucanat and arrowroot into a fine powder. Sprinkle over bars. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size 1 apple almond square
- Calories 145
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 18 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 107 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g