Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more chicken recipes here.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ¼ tsp salt, coriander and pepper. Dredge chicken in mixture, turning to coat. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In a wide, deep nonstick skillet on medium, heat oil. Add chicken and sear, turning once, until golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- To skillet (still on medium), add carrots, parsnips, onion and remaining ¼ tsp salt and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add Dijon and reserved flour mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high and stir in apple cider, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Return chicken and any juices to skillet, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer gently until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Turn chicken and stir in kale. Simmer gently until kale is wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Serving Size 1/4 of chicken and vegitables
- Calories 214
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 64 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 402 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g