Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more holiday recipes here!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cut 1 16-oz loaf whole-grain bread into ½-inch cubes. Transfer to 2 large rimmed baking sheets; bake for 20 minutes until crispy and dry. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add slivered raw almonds to 1 baking sheet; bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown.
- To bowl with bread cubes, add almonds.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat olive oil; add red onion and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until slightly browned and tender. Add celery, Gala apples, sage and basil, pinch each red pepper flakes, chile powder and cinnamon, sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste, and pure maple syrup. Stir to combine and cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add mixture to bowl with bread cubes along with dried unsweetened cranberries; mix well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Pour low-sodium vegetable broth over top and bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until stuffing is nicely browned.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g