Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil on medium-high. Working in batches, add beef and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per batch stirring occasionally; transfer cooked beef to a large metal bowl.
- To pot, add celery, onions, carrots, parsnips and potatoes. Cook, stirring often, on medium-high, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Return beef to pot and add stock, tomatoes and their juices and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until beef and potatoes are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Serving Size 1/12 of stew
- Calories 254
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 220 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g