Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Spiralize squashes: Cut necks off squashes and cut each in half crosswise. (Reserve bulbous ends of squash for another use.) Using a thin spaghetti blade in a spiral maker, spiralize squash chunks. (TIP: If noodles are very long, trim with kitchen shears to desired length.)
- In a large skillet on medium, melt 4 tbsp butter. Add noodles and salt and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. (NOTE: To prevent browning, reduce heat and add water 1 tbsp at a time, if needed.) Remove skillet from heat; stir in remaining 2 tbsp butter, Parmesan, Grana Padano, pepper and lemon zest. Season with additional salt, if desired.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 226
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 242 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g