Deconstructed Tuna & Egg Salad
Move aside mayo-drenched tuna and egg salads. This deconstructed take on the standard fare uses Greek yogurt for a protein boost and delivers fresh crunch from the cucumber and almonds.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Greek yogurt is high in protein and calcium, both good for bone health. The high protein content may help people feel fuller for longer, boost metabolism and improve gut health.
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1½ cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 large egg, hard-boiled and cut into wedges
- 1 3.5-oz can tuna in water, drained and chunked
- ½ cup quartered cucumber
- ½ cup whole almonds, chopped
1. Prepare dressing: In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
2. Assemble salad: Place arugula
in a serving bowl and top with egg, tuna, cucumber and almonds. Drizzle with dressing.
- Serving Size 1 salad
- Calories 649
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 225 mg
- Fat Content 45 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 45 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 545 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g