Grilled Asparagus Salad with Feta Hazelnut Crumble
A simple lemon dressing adds a zesty zing to smokey grilled asparagus in this fast and fresh salad.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more asparagus recipes here!
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 16 spears fresh asparagus (about 1 bunch), trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted unsalted hazelnuts
- In a small bowl, soak onion in lemon juice for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain, reserving lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a large bowl, toss asparagus with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Add to grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Prepare topping (if using): In a small food processor, pulse cheese and hazelnuts into rough crumbs.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk remaining 2 tbsp oil and reserved lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide arugula among plates and top with tomatoes, asparagus, onions and dressing, dividing evenly. Garnish with topping.
- Serving Size 1/4 of asparagus salad
- Calories 127
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 38 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g