Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place carrots on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Mix maple syrup and olive oil together until well incorporated. Drizzle over the carrots and coat well using your hands.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how big your carrots are. Be careful not to overcook.
4. Meanwhile, make sauce: Place soaked cashews, lemon juice, water and a generous pinch of the salt in a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth. If too thick, add a little more water.
5. When the carrots are done, sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle generously with sauce and top with chopped pistachios.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 295
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 255 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g