No-Fuss Creamy Poblano Dip
Roasted poblano peppers pureed with cheese and Greek yogurt make an easy, creamy dip. Turn up the heat with jalapeños.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 3 poblano peppers
- 1 small jalapeño chile pepper
- ½ yellow onion, halved
- 1¼ cups fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese + additional for garnish
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive or avocado oil
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- Optional for Dipping: Tortilla chips, whole-grain crackers, tomato wedges, blanched broccoli, zucchini rounds or roasted skin-on sweet potato wedges
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange poblano peppers, jalapeño and onion on sheet; roast until peppers are charred and softened, about 25 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes.
2. Place poblanos in a bowl and cover to steam. When cool, remove charred skin. If you prefer less heat, remove seeds and membrane. Halve jalapeño and remove seeds and membrane.
3. In a food processor, purée poblanos, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, goat cheese, oil, lime juice and salt until almost smooth. Scrape sides of bowl. Add yogurt and pulse until combined.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with additional goat cheese. Serve with optional accompaniments for dipping. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 69
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 158 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g