Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- In a dry saucepan on medium, toast millet until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp, pineapple, bell pepper, ginger and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in millet and peas; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Push ingredients to side of skillet to make a well and crack egg into center; cook and stir until scrambled, 1 minute.
- Add tamari and stir until well combined. Garnish servings with green onion and cilantro.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate leftover fried millet in a covered container; reheat and add fresh garnishes when called for.
- Serving Size 1/3 of recipe
- Calories 545
- Carbohydrate Content 73 g
- Cholesterol Content 274 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 41 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 656 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g