Rainforest Acai Breakfast Jars
Enjoy a quick and delicious breakfast with this acai purée blended with creamy coconut milk and banana, then layered with colorful fruit and nuts.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Enjoy a breakfast that tastes like it came straight from the Amazonian rainforest with this gorgeous acai purée blended with creamy coconut milk and banana, then layered with colorful fruit and nuts. Pile it all into jars or containers and freeze – then simply grab and go!
- 4 3.5-oz packs frozen unsweetened acai purée (TRY: Sambazon Acai Berry Original Blend Superfruit Packs. Before opening your acai pack, run under warm water for 5 seconds.)
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 kiwi, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 oz unsalted Brazil nuts, chopped
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 12-oz freezer-safe jars or containers
- To a blender, add acai purée, banana, coconut milk and 1/4 cup water. Blend on low to break up chunks, then blend on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth. Divide evenly among jars. Layer mango, kiwi, nuts, raspberries and coconut on top of acai purée, dividing evenly. Cover and freeze until ready to serve, up to 1 month.
- To serve, remove 1 jar from freezer and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serving Size 1 jar
- Calories 296
- Carbohydrate Content 37.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 16 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g