Shrimp Spring Rolls with Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce
Each spring roll is filled with healthy crisp vegetables, fresh shrimp, herbs, and dipped in a spicy apricot sauce.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- ¼ cup low-sugar apricot jam
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4–1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (TRY: Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper Flakes)
- ¼ tsp peeled and grated ginger
- 6 rice paper wrappers
- 12 oz large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ½ mango, peeled, pitted and cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh chives, snipped into 1-inch pieces
1. Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients; set aside.
2. Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Pour water into a large shallow bowl or wide skillet (wider than rice paper wraps). Working one at a time, soak a rice paper wrapper in water until pliable, about 30 seconds. Lay on a cutting board and pat dry. Arrange 3 shrimp halves across middle of wrapper; top with some of the cucumber, carrots, avocado, mango, cilantro and chives. Fold bottom of wrapper over filling, then fold in sides and roll up into a tight bundle. Cut rolls in half and serve with apricot sauce.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store spring rolls and sauce separately in the refrigerator until called for.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 567
- Carbohydrate Content 62 g
- Cholesterol Content 321 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 49 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 325 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g