Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
MAKE AHEAD: Prepare ingredients up to 1 day ahead, storing perishables covered in the fridge (store the potatoes in a container of water, covered, in the fridge). Prepare recipe within 1 hour of serving.
Find more Holiday Recipes.
- In a large saucepan, add potatoes and cover by 1 inch with cold water; bring to a boil. Continue to boil until potatoes are very tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return mixture to pot. Add sour cream, milk and ½ tsp salt and mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in chives and additional salt, if desired.
- Serving Size 2/3 cup
- Calories 139
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 115 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g