Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Pomegranate Glaze
Food Network mainstay Kelsey Nixon is known for making professional-looking dishes that are surprisingly easy, and this impressive pork tenderloin is no exception!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Nutritional Bonus: Iron-rich pork tenderloin is also an excellent source of essential B-vitamins, including thiamin, riboflavin and niacin. In fact, along with 40% of your day’s iron requirement, you’ll also meet nearly 100% of your daily need for all three vitamins in merely one 5-oz serving of this spiced sweet dish.
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus additional to taste
- 2 pork tenderloins (each 3/4 to 1 lb)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- 3/4 tsp arrowroot
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together coriander, cinnamon, cumin, paprika and 1/2 tsp salt. Pat tenderloins dry and season with spice mixture until evenly distributed.
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet heat oil over medium-high until hot but not smoking. Reduce heat and sear pork until meat is browned on all sides. Using tongs, transfer pork to a baking dish and place in oven to cook for about 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted diagonally into the center of each tenderloin registers 145°F. Remove from oven and transfer pork to a cutting board, tent with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour off and discard any fat from skillet. Add pomegranate juice to skillet and boil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until juice is reduced to about 2/3 cup. In a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot and 1 tbsp reduced pomegranate juice. Whisk mixture back into skillet, then boil sauce until thickened slightly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add vinegar. Season with salt.
- Slice pork on the diagonal and drizzle with pomegranate glaze. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, if desired.
- Serving Size 5 oz
- Calories 224
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 92 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 241 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g