Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Prepare halibut and vegetables: Preheat oven to 375°F. On a roasting pan lined with aluminum foil, place leeks, celery, fennel and halibut. Brush both sides of halibut with oil and lightly coat vegetables with vinegar. Season with salt (if desired) and pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until fish becomes white and flakes with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, prepare balsamic sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, agave and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced to syrupy consistency. It should yield about ¼ cup liquid.
3. Prepare butternut squash potatoes: Bring squash, potato and broth to a boil in a medium-size pot over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cover, checking that liquid does not become too low. If it does, add an additional tbsp broth. Once squash and potato have softened and liquid is nearly evaporated, mash with a fork or potato masher. Slowly stir in milk. Add in spread, sage and pepper.
4. Plate 4 oz halibut with ¾ cup vegetables and ¾ cup squash potatoes on the side. Drizzle balsamic sauce over halibut and vegetables.
- Serving Size 4 oz halibut, ¾ cup vegetables, ¾ cup potatoes, 1 tbsp sauce
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 400 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g