Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more chicken recipes here!
- Prepare sauce: In a large skillet, stir together tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, paprika, pepper flakes and bay leaves. Add chicken, covering with sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 8 minutes. Remove chicken and pat dry with paper towels; set aside. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 10 minutes or until the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil on medium. Carefully add chicken and onion. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°F, turning chicken once and stirring onion as needed to avoid burning. Remove chicken and onion; cover to keep warm. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to same skillet. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Stir in orange sections.
- Remove bay leaves from sauce and discard. Divide spinach among plates; add chicken and onion. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Serving Size 2 thighs with spinach and sauce
- Calories 338
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 130 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 198 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g