Curried Chicken with Peas
Skip the takeout tonight and make this Indian-inspired curry in just 30 minutes.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more chicken recipes here!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tbsp mild or hot curry paste
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas (not thawed)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sea salt and fresh ground black
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet on medium-high. Add scallions and garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown on all sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk curry paste into broth.
- Add curry mixture to wok and bring to a simmer over same heat. Simmer for 2 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add peas and cook for 30 seconds, until just tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve over rice.
- Serving Size 1 cup chicken mixture and 1/2 cup rice
- Calories 337
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 66 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 393 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g