Holiday Coleslaw with Orange Vinaigrette
Here’s a stunning salad that incorporates the flavors of the season – cranberries, toasted hazelnuts and an orange maple dressing.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more holiday recipes.
- 1 Bartlett pear, julienned
- 1 golden or red beet, julienned (NOTE: Either color works, but keep in mind that the red variety does stain, so we prefer golden for presentation.)
- 1/2 small green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup naturally-sweetened dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp orange zest + ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (TRY: Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Djion mustard
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine pear, beet, cabbage and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad and toss. Top with hazelnuts, cranberries and parsley.
- Serving Size 3/4 cup coleslaw
- Calories 175
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 120 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g