Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Mist foil with cooking spray and add beets, 2 tsp oil, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Roast until beets are tender when pierced with a fork, tossing beets around once or twice during cooking, 38 to 42 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium saucepan about halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add lentils, then reduce heat to medium high and simmer, uncovered, until tender but not mushy, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. To bowl, add 1/4 tsp salt and stir to combine.
- Prepare vinaigrette: In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine remaining 2 tbsp oil, orange zest and juice from 1 orange (about 2 tbsp juice), honey, mustard and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Shake vigorously until emulsified (or whisk ingredients in a bowl).
- To a large bowl, add frisée and about half of vinaigrette; toss well to combine. Divide frisée, lentils, beets and orange segments (from remaining 2 oranges) evenly among plates.
- To a wide bowl, add pistachios. Cut cheese into 8 slices. Press each cheese slice gently into pistachios, coating both sides. Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and heat to just above medium. Add cheese patties and cook until pistachios are lightly toasted, about 1 minute per side, using a thin spatula to flip gently. Place 2 patties on each salad serving. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over salads.
- Serving Size 1/4 of salad and 2 goat cheese patties
- Calories 422
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 13 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 15 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 574 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g