Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil; arrange an ovenproof rack over top and mist with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp honey, salt, thyme, allspice, ginger and cayenne. Add chicken and rub with mixture to coat. Arrange on rack on baking sheet and mist with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn chicken and mist with cooking spray. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken reads 165˚F, about 20 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, arrange a steamer basket in a pot set over boiling water. Add collard greens to insert and steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, pressing on greens with back of spoon to remove excess liquid. Brush a 10-inch nonstick skillet with oil and heat on medium. Add bacon and sauté, stirring often, until slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add collard greens, 2 tbsp vinegar and ¾ tsp honey and sauté until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, purée mango with remaining 1 tsp vinegar, ¼ tsp honey and 2 tbsp hot water, scraping down sides of bowl, until smooth, about 1 minute. Serve chicken with mango sauce and collard greens mixture.
- Serving Size 2 drumsticks, 1/4 collard greens mixture, 1 tbsp mango sauce
- Calories 239
- Carbohydrate Content 8.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 163 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 375 mg
- Sugar Content 5.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g