The Mocha Smoothie Bowl
No need for that mocha latte today – we’ve got all that delicious chocolaty coffee flavor in this bowl. If you enjoy the caffeine fix, use regular coffee granules; if not, use decaf.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
* Optional Superfood Boost: Lucuma is a low-glycemic fruit, which not only has a subtle sweetness, but also contains iron, zinc, calcium, protein and fiber.
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 6 oz organic firm tofu
- 2 tbsp raw cashew butter
- 4 tsp raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ice
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp lucuma powder, optional*
- Toppings (Optional): Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp toasted chopped unsalted hazelnuts
- 3/4 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- To a blender or food processor, add all ingredients; blend until smooth. Serve with toppings of your choice.
- Serving Size 1 recipe
- Calories 613
- Carbohydrate Content 80 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 26 g
- Fiber Content 16 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 209 mg
- Sugar Content 50 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g