Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 3 tbsp brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp gluten-free oat flour (TRY: Bob’s Red Mill Whole-Grain Gluten-Free Oat Flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp low-sodium baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 tsp organic evaporated cane juice
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 peach, pitted and thinly sliced, divided
- In a medium bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, baking soda, chia and cinnamon, if desired.
- Add egg, milk and cane juice and gently mix until just incorporated. Add yogurt and oil and whisk until just incorporated but some small lumps remain; do not over-mix.
- Mist a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Working in batches, add batter in 1/2-cup increments; carefully arrange 1 slice peach in center of each. When tops begin to bubble, flip pancakes and cook until golden. Transfer to a large plate and cover to keep warm.
- Mist skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add remaining peach slices and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and caramelized. Divide pancakes among serving plates and top with peach slices.
Nutrients per serving (4 pancakes): Calories: 327, Total Fat: 10 g, Sat. Fat: 4 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 49 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 14 g, Sodium: 424 mg, Cholesterol: 106 mg
NOTE FROM READER RECIPE DEVELOPER ELLIE KIM:
“These pancakes are amazingly moist and fluffy, almost like the regular white flour-laden pancakes you would order at a diner!”