Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Make fries: Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. In a medium bowl, combine almond and coconut flours, salt, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and pepper. Place egg in a separate small bowl.
2. Halve and pit avocados. Cut each half into 4 to 6 wedges. Dip one wedge in egg then dredge in flour mixture and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining avocado, egg and flour mixture. Mist fries with cooking spray and bake until golden, 15 to 18 minutes, turning over and misting with cooking spray halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, make dip: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve fries with dipping sauce on the side.
NOTE: Alternatively, cook the fries in a skillet. Pour avocado oil in a medium nonstick skillet until ½ inch deep and heat on medium. Working in 3 batches, cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. If serving immediately, keep warm in a 200ºF oven on a metal rack set over a baking sheet while cooking remaining slices.
TAKE IT TO GO: Pack fries and dip separately. Reheat fries in a toaster oven.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 338
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 44 mg
- Fat Content 31 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 467 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 20 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g