Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Open-faced recipes are a great way to elevate any burger recipe to the next level. That, combined with the creamy basil yogurt sauce, makes this chicken burger a classy entree you can make on the grill. You can always opt for a turkey burger over a chicken patty, if desired. Make sure to toast your baguettes and melt your havarti cheese!
Image and recipe from Cuisine at Home
- Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high and brush grates with oil.
- Prepare patties: In a large bowl, combine chicken, cucumber, onion, dill, 2 Tbsp. yogurt, 2 tsp. mustard and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Mix until just combined. Form 4 patties slightly larger than the baguette slices.
- Grill patties until cooked through, 8 to 9 minutes per side. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, top each burger with 1 slice cheese. Add bread to grill and cook, flipping once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Assemble burgers: Place 1 leaf lettuce on each slice of baguette, top with tomato slices, patty, sauce and avocado.
- Serving Size 1 burger with toppings
- Calories 392
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 157 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 557 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g