Featuring fresh peaches and an oat and nut topping, this peach crisp makes for a wholesome breakfast or afternoon treat. To save on ingredients in the plan, we use whole almonds and grind them into flour, but if you already have almond flour on hand, you can use it instead (use a roughly equivalent amount).
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Peaches contain equal parts soluble and insoluble fiber, which are essential for good digestion. Soluble fiber feeds the good bacteria in the gut, helping them increase and allowing for better digestion, while insoluble fiber aids in the movement of waste through the gastrointestinal tract.
See Also Your 20-Ingredient Summer Fresh Meal Plan
- ¼ cup whole almonds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup whole almonds
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened or partially melted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground allspice
1. Grease 4 10- to 12-oz ramekins. Prepare filling: Using a high-speed blender or a clean coffee or spice grinder, grind ¼ cup almonds to a flour-like consistency; place in a bowl. Grind chia seeds in the same way and add to bowl. To same bowl, add peaches; toss to coat. Add maple syrup and lemon juice and stir until evenly coated. Divide peach mixture among ramekins. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Grind ½ cup whole almonds to a flour-like consistency; place in a bowl and stir in remaining topping ingredients. Transfer to an airtight container until ready to bake.
3. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Divide topping among ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake 30 minutes. (Alternatively, if using throughout the week in our Meal Plan, assemble and bake one at a time so they are always fresh.)
- Serving Size 1 ramekin
- Calories 532
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 32 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 14 g
- Sodium Content 5 mg
- Sugar Content 32 g