Sheet Pan Pizza with Fingerlings & Gorgonzola
Small, knobby fingerling potatoes have a thin, delicate skin, so there’s no need to peel them. If you can’t find fingerlings, substitute with baby potatoes instead. Be sure to remove the dough from the fridge about 30 minutes ahead; this makes it much easier to handle. Don’t worry if it seems like there’s a lot of radicchio; it shrivels as the pizza bakes.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Looking for a vegan version? Try Caramelized Fennel, Sweet Potato & Pine Nut–Cheese Pizza.
- Whole-wheat flour, for dusting
- 1 lb whole-grain pizza dough, room temperature (TIP: You can use an all-natural purchased crust or make your own with our Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough recipe.)
- 7 oz fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped raw unsalted walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 head radicchio, cored and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Mist an 18 x 13-inch heavy rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Dust a clean work surface with flour; roll out dough to a 18 x 13-inch rectangle. Transfer dough to sheet and let rest for 5 minutes. If necessary, stretch dough toward corners and edges of sheet to make even thickness throughout.
- Arrange potatoes and onion in even layers over dough. Sprinkle with walnuts, garlic, rosemary, pepper and salt. Top with Gorgonzola and radicchio. Sprinkle with mozzarella and drizzle with oil.
- Bake until bottom of crust is deep golden brown, radicchio is wilted and mozzarella is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serving Size ¼ of pizza
- Calories 424
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 26 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 722 mg
- Sugar Content 3.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g