Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie Bowl
Treat yourself to this smoothie version of sweet potato pie whipped together with frozen mango and topped with pecan-studded baked granola.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
¼ cup large-flake rolled oats
¼ cup chopped unsalted pecans
2 tbsp pure maple syrup, divided
1 tsp coconut oil
2 cups frozen mango chunks
¾ cup roasted, peeled and mashed sweet potato*
½ cup BPA-free canned coconut milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp each ground nutmeg and cinnamon
Optional toppings: Shredded or sliced coconut, hemp or chia seeds, fresh berries, ground cherries, kumquats, nuts, fresh mint or basil
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a small rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
2. In a small bowl, combine oats, pecans, 1 tbsp maple syrup and coconut oil. Spread mixture onto prepared sheet; bake until golden, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once. Let cool completely.
3. To a high-speed blender, add mango, sweet potato, coconut milk, vanilla, remaining 1 tbsp maple syrup, nutmeg and cinnamon; blend until smooth.
4. Divide mixture among 2 chilled bowls; sprinkle evenly with oat mixture. Top with toppings of choice.
*TIP: To prepare mashed sweet potato, scrub 1 large skin-on sweet potato and prick several times with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in a 400˚F oven until a sharp knife slides easily into center, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool enough to handle, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Mash flesh with a fork until smooth.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 537
- Carbohydrate Content 77 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 14 g
- Sodium Content 45 mg
- Sugar Content 47 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g