Beet, Orange & Burrata Salad with Herb Toasts
A fresh, soft cheese made from mozzarella and cream, burrata helps give this colorful salad an air of sophistication.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
PRICE PER PLATE: $3.97
- 2 beets (about 11 oz), ends trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp white or regular balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 oz fresh baked whole-wheat bread, cut into 4 slices
- 5 cups (5oz) baby arugula
- 6 oz fresh burrata or mozzarella cheese, broken into about 8 pieces
- Position racks in center and top third of oven and preheat to 425°F. Wrap beets in foil and roast on center rack until tender when pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Set aside to cool. Peel and cut each beet into 12 slices. Keep oven on.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together garlic, 2 tsp oil and parsley; set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to slice peel off oranges. Cut each orange into 6 round slices. Squeeze pieces of orange peel (there should be some flesh still attached) to yield about 2 tbsp juice. Whisk in vinegar, 2 tsp water, remaining 1 tsp oil, mustard, salt and pepper.
- On a small baking sheet, place bread and bake on top rack until golden, about 10 minutes. Brush with garlic, oil and sprinkle with pinch salt.
- In a large bowl, toss arugula with 3 tbsp orange vinaigrette. Divide among serving plates and top with oranges, beets and cheese. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serve with toasts.
- Serving Size 1/4 of burrata salad
- Calories 319
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 533 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g