Turkey Tenderloin with Apricot-Ginger Relish
Smoked paprika is a wonderful spice for adding smoky flavor to poultry, and we top it off with a tangy relish that uses one of summer's jewels: apricots.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb turkey tenderloin, trimmed of visible fat
- 2 tsp high-heat cooking oil (such as sunflower, safflower, peanut, or grape seed oil)
- 2 yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ripe apricots or peaches, pitted and diced
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint or cilantro
- 1 tbsp white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin, 1/4 tsp salt and cayenne. Sprinkle evenly on all sides of turkey.
- Heat a large grill pan on medium and brush with cooking oil. Add turkey and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes. Brush squash with olive oil and add to sides of pan. Cook, turning both turkey and squash occasionally, for 15 minutes or until turkey is slightly pink in center. (NOTE: Turkey will continue to cook while resting.) Remove from heat. Season squash with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper. Transfer turkey to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice turkey.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine relish ingredients. Divide turkey, squash and relish among serving plates.
- Serving Size 3 oz turkey tenderloin, 1/2 squash, 1/3 cup relish
- Calories 189
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 45 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 310 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g