Wedge Salad with Shiitake Bacon & Blue Cheese Dressing
Most wedge salads contain bacon, but to really dial up the vegetables, we’ve swapped it with shiitake mushrooms roasted until just crisp.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
½ cup full-fat sour cream
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
1 tsp coconut aminos
¼ tsp each garlic powder and ground black pepper
⅛ tsp sea salt
8 oz shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
3 tbsp avocado oil
¼ tsp sea salt
1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered
1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
1. Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
2. Make bacon: Preheat oven to 400ºF; line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. In a large bowl, toss mushrooms, oil and salt. Spread on baking sheets in a single layer and roast until browned, stirring once or twice, switching baking sheets top to bottom, and removing pieces as they brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Make salad: Place an iceberg quarter on each of 4 plates. Top with tomatoes, dressing and shiitake bacon.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 411
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 32 mg
- Fat Content 39 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 437 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 24 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g