Zucchini Feta Fritters
Corn and zucchini are sweet partners in golden fritters with a salty edge from tangy feta cheese. They’re great for nibbling with cocktails or for kicking off a family-style brunch. Remember that the more liquid you squeeze out of the grated zucchini, the crispier the fritters will be, so don’t skip that step.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 lb zucchini, trimmed and grated
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (TRY: NOW Real Food Organic Coconut Flour)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- safflower oil, for cooking
- In a colander, toss together zucchini, onion and salt. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- One handful at a time, squeeze zucchini mixture to remove excess liquid; transfer to a medium bowl. Add corn, flour, arrowroot and baking powder; toss to combine. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with dill. Stir in zucchini mixture until coated. Stir in feta and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium. For each batch, heat a thin layer of oil and then drop 1/4 cup portions of zucchini mixture into skillet without crowding. Cook, turning once, until fritters are golden and a knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and repeat with more oil and remaining batter.
Make-Ahead: Make the fritters entirely in advance up to 2 days ahead. Reheat in a 350ºF oven until heated through.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
Related: Butternut Squash Fritters
- Serving Size 1 fritter
- Calories 58
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 186 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g