Cheddar “Tostadas” with Greens & Lime Jalapeño Vinaigrette
Cheddar crisps stand in for tortillas in this lower-carb version of tostadas topped with greens and a zesty, spicy dressing. For even more heat, add sliced jalapeño to garnish the salad.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Functional Fiber: The traditional keto diet is often lacking in fiber, but this recipe is replete with fiber-rich avocados, dark leafy greens and radishes, which can help regulate blood sugar levels, boost gut health and maintain satiety for longer.
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 1 small jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp grated lime zest + 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp raw honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese<
- 4 cups mixed mesclun greens
- 6 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 avocados pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- Make dressing: In a small, unheated skillet, combine oil, jalapeño and garlic. Heat on low until mixture sizzles. Cook for 1 minute, then transfer to a blender or small food processor. Add remaining dressing ingredients and blend well. Set aside.
- Make tostadas: Preheat oven to 350ºF; line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Draw 8 4-inch circles on parchment, leaving at least 1 inch between them; turn parchment over (you should still be able to see circles). Spread cheese in circles, using ¼ cup for each. Bake until golden and crisp, about 13 to 15 minutes, watching closely to prevent burning. Let cool slightly.
- Divide tostadas among 4 plates. In a large bowl, combine greens, radishes and avocado. Add ¼ cup dressing; toss, adding remaining dressing and toss again. Divide mixture among tostadas, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 597
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 56 mg
- Fat Content 54 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 16 g
- Sodium Content 625 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 28 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g