Peach & Walnut Barley Salad
One serving of this simple, summery barley salad provides a whopping 10 grams of fiber!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup unsalted walnut pieces, chopped
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted and diced (½ cup)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup 100% orange juice
- ½ tsp chile powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup low-fat feta cheese
- Cook barley according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain barley and toss with parsley, walnuts, peach and pepper. In a separate bowl, blend oil, lime juice, orange juice, chile powder and salt. Pour over barley mixture and toss together. Crumble feta over top and serve.
- Serving Size 1 cup barley salad
- Calories 305
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 2.5 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 255 mg
- Sugar Content 5.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g