Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Did you enjoy this carrot and ginger soup? Find more soup recipes here.
- In a large saucepan on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add broth, 2 cups water, beans, carrots, bay leaves and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Using an immersion blender, purée soup. (TIP: Alternatively, carefully transfer to an upright blender, remove plastic stopper from lid and cover top with a towel to allow steam to escape.) Divide among serving bowls and top with cashews and chives.
- Serving Size 1 cup soup with garnishes
- Calories 194
- Carbohydrate Content 26.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 158 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g