Gingery Peach & Blackberry Crumble
Pops of fresh ginger wake up your senses in this easy-breezy fruit classic.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Here, we make it in a skillet for a quicker method that starts on the stove top while the oven is heating up. Cold leftovers pair well with coffee on the patio the next morning, too. Try serving with whipped cream or Greek yogurt.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- 4 large peaches, thinly sliced (skins left on)
- 2 cups blackberries
- 3 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic sugar) (TRY: Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar)
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (TRY: Simply Organic Vanilla Extract)
- 1 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 2 tsp peeled and minced ginger
- 1 cup large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic sugar)
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter, chilled
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Prepare filling: In a large bowl, toss together peaches, blackberries, cane juice, tapioca flour and vanilla. Heat a 9-inch cast iron skillet (or other ovenproof skillet) on medium-high. Add butter. When butter foams, add ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, and starting to release juices, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare topping: In a large bowl, combine oats, almond flour and cane juice. With a pastry cutter or 2 knives, work butter into dry ingredients until pea-size clumps form. Sprinkle oat mixture over fruit in skillet. Bake until topping is golden and fruit is bubbly, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 375
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 3 mg
- Sugar Content 40 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g