Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp lemon juice, chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add steak and rub seasoning into meat. Mist both sides of steak with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice, oil, vinegar, Dijon and honey. Set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add steak and sear, turning once, for 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare or 8 to 10 minutes for medium. (NOTE: The USDA recommends cooking to an internal temperature of 145°F when tested with a food thermometer.) Transfer to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let stand at least 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss arugula and spinach with dressing. Divide greens, onion, tomatoes and dates between serving plates. Thinly slice steak into 1/4-inch strips against the grain. Divide steak and blue cheese evenly over each salad.
- Serving Size 4 cups salad and 1 1/2 oz steak
- Calories 277
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 29 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 509 mg
- Sugar Content 22 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g